Nov 7, 2017
The Irondequoit Chamber of Commerce today launched its search for their next Communications Coordinator. The position is a part time, Independent Contractor, work-remote opportunity.
The Communications Coordinator is an important part of the small Chamber team that creates, curates, and maintains the Chamber story while ensuring consistent quality engagement online and in the community.
The right candidate is responsible for steering the communications of the Irondequoit Chamber of Commerce, including managing all electronic member communications, and assisting the Chamber Administrative Support person in creating letters, flyers, and other US mailed communications.
An independent, creative, innovative Communications Coordinator will:
- Manage Social Media presence, including events creation.
- Update and maintain the Chamber Website content, including: page copywriting, calendar events, news stories, as well as assist with maintaining online membership list and subscribers lists.
- Write and layout monthly e-newsletter using content management system.
- Write and layout multiple monthly email communications promoting events using content management system.
- Promote events using online calendar listing websites.
- Answer email inquiries as appropriate
- Engage with local media as appropriate.
- Write and distribute Press Releases.
- Discover and implement new ways to promote Chamber brand and activities.
- Participate in developing Chamber brand, including membership operations.
- Assist members with their businesses' Chamber-related marketing efforts.
Other time requirements:
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Attend events
- Take photos at events to share on social media, add to website and e-newsletter, and include with Press Releases.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience or strong interest in basic marketing and public relations.
- Computer proficiency with ability and willingness to learn new processes and applications.
- Reliable computer with internet connection.
- Self-starter disciplined to follow the Chamber's schedule.
- Experience with navigating Content Management Systems for website maintenance and e-newsletter design.
- Experience with layout for e-newsletters.
- Experience with basic graphic design for flyers, e-newsletter layout, and photo editing (must have own software).
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com